Not Quite The Farmers Daughter

Not Quite The Farmers Daughter

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

To Decorate or Not Decorate for Halloween in September

Recently a friend posted a status question on Facebook regarding decorating or not decorating for Halloween in September.  I was surprised by the overwhelming and resounding answer of, "YES!"  Traditionally I have broke out our Halloween decorations the first day of October, but this year I have decided to change this practice.  It seems like as soon as you put up your decorations, you are taking them down.  So this year I am going to start layering decorations that will lend for an easier transition between holidays from Halloween to Christmas.  Now, nooooo groaning because I mentioned the "C" Word! I swear you will not find Santa displayed with a witch's hat on the mantle!  My idea is to bring out pumpkins and trees that can be decorated for any season.  This way as Halloween ends and Thanksgiving begins  I will have the pumpkins in place for pilgrim decorations to take place of all my ghosts, goblins and witches, etc, etc.  What are your thoughts on Holiday decorating?  What traditions do you and your family have for the fall season?

No comments: