Not Quite The Farmers Daughter

Not Quite The Farmers Daughter

Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Monday! Let's start our weekend planning today!

Just because it's Monday doesn't mean we can't have a weekend frame of mind! I don't know about you but I am just a planner at heart.  And really, thinking about the weekend on Monday really helps my week go fast most of the time.  Yes, I am still on my Halloween kick! I am a little disappointed that I did not get my decorating completely done yet, but I did get our mums planted this weekend with the help of my hubby! 

So this week I am starting off with some craft ideas as well as some Fall health tips. 

I pulled this link to the Centers for Disease Control.  It has some great helpful hints and tips to prepare yourself for the season change and the Flu season which is not far off.

http://www.cdc.gov/family/autumn/index.htm

Pumpkin People, how fun to dress up and place in your front yard!  Now is a great time to look over your front yard and figure out what space or spaces you might want to decorate.  Hit the local thrift stores for costume items for any of your Halloween needs.  Also, a lot of your craft stores already have Halloween decorations marked down because crafters have to work well ahead of the season. 

THE STACK FAMILY

THE STACK FAMILY

Halloween decorations can be as easy as making a snowman. The Stack Family can be on hand to greet all your guests.
What you need:
  • Pumpkins in graduated sizes: small, medium and large
  • Wooden chopsticks
  • Children-size Halloween costumes or old clothes
Make it
  1. Build and stabilize each pumpkin stack by pushing three chopsticks into each pumpkin and attaching to the pumpkin below it.
  2. Dress pumpkins in costumes.
Always supervise and assist young children when they are working with scissors or small pieces of craft materials.

No comments: