Not Quite The Farmers Daughter

Not Quite The Farmers Daughter

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

 
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
 
 
Ok hold on to your tastebuds folks!!!  Do I have a treat for you!  Chocolate Zucchini Bread that is a major crowd pleaser!  I know I have not posted in a longggg time!  Between family drama and work schedules, plus the bonus, computer break down....no blogging....which has left me with tons of recipes and not enough time to do anything with them.  Finally I am taking a moment, called lunch time, to breath for a minute and do something to reduce my stress...yes, that would be talk about food!  Additionally, super charge that stress relief with chocolate!  Yes, I am all about getting those wonderful endorphines jumping with some luscious chocolate!  This recipe was one I got off of Pinterest and made some of my own additions.  The original recipe credit goes to fellow blogger, Movita Beaucoup.  My additions include some exotic ginger and cardamom spices and some slivered almonds to give it some crunch.  And just to give it a more luxurious smoothness, I mixed in semi sweet and white chocolate chips...yesssss, true chocolate explosion on your tongue!!!  I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did and my collegues at work!
 
 
1.5 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp allspice
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp cardamom
½ cup canola oil
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup white chocolate chips
½ cup slivered almonds 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease/spray a loaf pan.  Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.  Whisk together oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla.  Fold in zucchini and almonds.  Start folding in dry ingredient mixture until fully incorporated.  Place batter in loaf pan.  Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  I doubled the recipe so I could freeze a loaf for future use.
 
ENJOY!

No comments: